The compact dimensions and light weight of this full-frame, large-aperture prime lens provide mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects from everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more. The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from a maximum F1.8 aperture and its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting. Its small size mean it is equally suited to APS-C as well as full-frame bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent[i] focal length that is perfect for snapshots, portraits and more.
High resolution and large aperture full-frame performance in a compact and lightweight lens.
- Smart optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire frame.
- 9-Blade Circular aperture enable beautiful bokeh.
- Minimum focus distance of 22cm and maximum magnification of 0.24x offers easy access to the world of close-up photography.
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
- Conveniently placed, customisable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus.
- Linear Response Manual Focus for fine, responsive manual focus control.
- Dust and moisture resistant design add to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and invoke a feeling of confidence in the user.
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
- Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for precise focus for both stills and movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.